Monday 17 February 2014

Community Quilts BOM

I was thrilled last month to be able to start participating again in the WAQA Community Quilts BOM program. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay for the full sewing day in January but I was able to pick up the materials and instructions for the January block.

With February's sewing day looming tomorrow I managed to squeeze in enough stitching time today to create the 2 Windmill blocks to hand in. They were easy to do and I was able to alternate the strips so I had a red windmill on one block and a green one on the other.



Can't wait to see what the finished quilt will look like later in the year. If you would like to join in with the community quilts program you can find out more about it on the WAQA website at http://waquilters.com/.

Happy stitching,
Tracy xx

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely blocks, such pretty colours!

Dasha said...

This is a great block for a community project! Thanks for the idea. Now to go and cook up a plan....