I've been sewing the binding down on Suzanne's quilt and it's nearly finished. Yay! I just have one corner to go and the label to attach, then I can finally give it to her. I'll post a photo of the quilt once it's completely finished. In the meantime, here is a photo of the quilt in progress from the May WAQA meeting. It was good to get some feedback from fellow quilters.
|My friend Phil helping me hold the quilt up|
Miss M in the background exploring the stage.
I've been trialling a new tool to help secure the binding ready for hand stitching. At the Perth Craft & Quilt Fair (can't believe it was almost 2 weeks ago!) I learned about Clover Wonder Clips. I bought a box and they have been fantastic.
|A glorious row of red|
I used to have pins sticking into me left, right & centre when attaching binding to my previous projects. This project has been much less painful. The only thing you have to watch is the clips slipping sideways or coming off by accident when the quilt is folded between stitching sessions. I'm very happy with this purchase.
Thanks to the wonderful Cheryl for hosting our sew-in again this month. If you would like to see what everyone else got up to, or join in for the next one, you can visit her blog 'Gone Stitchin' here.
Once I finish the quilt I will be able to give a proper catch-up on all my goings-on for the last month or so. Until then, happy stitching everyone.