I had some fun recycling fabrics the weekend before last. Miss A was holding a photo shoot with denim clothing as the feature for her uni assignment. She needed some props so I whipped her up a couple of denim 'clutches'. This one was made from an old pair of jeans I've had lying around for a couple of years waiting to become a project. I can't remember how long I've had the doily.
Then, while Miss M was asleep that Sunday, I decided it was high time to start my first Christmas quilt project. Christmas is my favourite time of year (as you may have guessed) so I am very, very excited about this project, especially since I've had the Bali Pop and pattern since 2009!
The cutting work was completed yesterday and I finished laying out the braids today. Next step, sewing the braids together.
|3 of the 6 braids|
|8 1/2" block centre surrounded by strips and cut into 4 pieces|
|Possible block configuration 1|
|Possible block configuration 2|
Well, that's it for my week. I hope everyone else has been having a great stitching week too.