First, my 'Snowmen Melt Your Heart' stitchery. I started this project when I was a member of the Joondalup Embroidery Group back in 2002. We used to take turns at picking a project to share with, and mentor if able, the rest of the group. I picked this one as I love Christmas. Unfortunately I can't remember where I found the pattern but I think it was an issue of Handmade. I finished 80% of it back then before I started another project and it went into the UFO box.
Last year I organised my UFO box and scattered UFO projects and came across the stitchery again. I was determined to finish it asap and I did manage to get the stitching finished fairly quickly. Then I hit a hurdle...I didn't have a carrot button for the nose. I really wanted to finish the stitchery before Christmas so I hunted around at the May Craft Fair and found one but it was waaaay too big. I tried several online stores but only found 1 more - turned out it was too big as well.
Last week I had another go at Googling 'carrot buttons'. I found a wonderful store, Sewing Box, which had a 'Build a Snowman Kit' that included a variety of buttons to create a snowman. It had not one but two carrot buttons in it so I bought it straight away. It arrived a couple of days ago and last night I was able to use the small carrot button to sew on my Snowman's nose. I'm so very, very happy to have it finished after 12 1/2 years! This is what it looks like....
Second, my 'Ta Da' block (better known as a 'Diagonal Square Quilt' block) for the WAQA Community Quilts program. All this required was closing the hole I used for turning it right sides out.
This amazing little block is double sided and looks exactly the same on both sides! It is really easy to make.
This is the 3rd type of block I have made for Community Quilts. In a future post I will share more info on the program and pics of the other blocks with you.
Until next time, happy stitching!