Saturday, 19 July 2014

FNSI and a fat quarter

Well, for all my excitement at a night of stitching I actually didn't get a huge amount done. First we decided to go out for dinner. Then I decided it was high time to work on getting Miss M to sleep through the night. This meant a long night ahead so I knew I needed to get to bed early.

As a result, all I completed was the 3 words stitched on the bottom of this quote.


If you are getting a little de ja vu, you may have see my earlier post about this project. I have already made it once, although the wall hanging is not quite ready for show and tell. I loved it so much that I decided to make the pattern up into a cushion for my niece who is at boarding school, for her birthday. Once finished, I'll post both pics.


I also have to share a beautiful little fat quarter I picked up from The Quilt Fairy at our WAQA sewing night this week. It's gorgeous.


In my next post I'll show you how lucky I was at the WAQA sewing day! I won a beautiful pack of hand-dyed fabrics in the door prize.

Hope you all enjoyed FNSI. To see what everyone else got up to, check out Wendy's blog here.

Happy stitching,
Tracy

7 comments:

Farm Gate Creations said...

What a terrific saying... and that fat quarter is gorgeous.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Hope you were successful with your little one. Cute quote and lovely fat1/4

Lyn said...

A great saying and you are 3 words closer to finishing..

Maria said...

how did it go with Miss M ? well I hope.
Three words is better than none.
Nice FQ, what you going to make with it??

Wendy B said...

You're three words ahead of where you were before Fnsi so all's good! Love the froggy saying-so true. Hope Miss M slept well too and lovin that fabric. Can't wait to see what you won! Xxx

Sandra said...

bawahahahahahahaha Love it

Josie said...

Love that saying... wishing I could do that to! :o) Three words qualify as progress... hope you had as much success getting Miss M to sleep through. Gorgeous fat quarter...xx